Chosen for the world’s most demanding conditions by the world’s most demanding users
Wild Things is an outdoor brand chosen by individuals who are knowledgeable about their outdoor activities, know what’s current, and what works. These individuals are serious about what they do and what they buy. They seek out the best-made, most reputable technical gear. We take great pride in serving the common needs of all our users in the Military and US Armed Forces, law enforcement, and the outdoor enthusiast. This demanding, elite audience feels no need to compromise, and this attitude runs through the Wild Things brand. Our users help define our brand.
Wild Things offers pure, simple, effective product lines. In a cluttered world, we simplify decisions on what to wear as you pursue your outdoor passions.
Wild Things provides simple, focused lines of technical outerwear
A heritage of excellence: for the past 29 years we have made technical apparel for the world’s most demanding users
- US Military and Special Forces
- High altitude climbers and mountaineers
- Polar explorers
- Iditarod participants
- Kite skiing and other fringe pursuits
A tradition of quality, made right here in the USA
- Our WT Tactical line for the US Military is Berry Amendment compliant. This means every button, zipper, thread and fabric in our garments is made in the USA. We know of no other maker of technical outwear that can make that claim
- Our products have a low carbon footprint since we don’t ship them around the world chasing the lowest
cost of production
- We keep jobs and businesses going in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, New Jersey and Rhode Island
A tailored approach to customer satisfaction that believes the customer should have the ability to get exactly what they want
- Wild Things redefines the nature of a technical garment – the best garment is the one that has the exact feature set needed by the customer. No extra, superfluous features that add weight or detract from functionality, just the features that the customer feels will provide them with the most benefit
WT Tactical by Wild Things, LLC leverages our alpine experience to create extraordinary products to meet the needs of the military and law enforcement
Wild Things has been making mountaineering apparel and gear for 29 years, and products for the US military for nearly that long. Under WT Tactical, Wild Things has fulfilled over 25 military contracts, from large program business to smaller unit level sales tailored to meet specific mission goals. WT Tactical has a reputation for rapid prototype development, a design discipline forged from personal experience and direct user feedback, and high quality, reliable production. Customers include:
- US Army
- US Army Special Forces
- US Navy SEALs
- United States Marine Corps
Wild Things, along with WT Tactical, has been designing and manufacturing products in the USA since our inception. It is what we do.
WT Tactical is soon to launch a law enforcement specific line of technical apparel for federal, state and local law enforcement personnel. We have been serving the law enforcement community for years with our Wild Things and WT Tactical product lines, but we believe the time is right for a line of WT Tactical gear designed and developed specifically to meet needs of our law enforcement community. This new product line will feature WT Tactical's highly functional and durable designs, and it will be Made in USA. Additionally, we are exploring international design production partnerships to serve the international military and law enforcement community.
Wild Things is a US company. US citizens working in US facilities currently handle all of our product design and R&D efforts. As more US brands move design and production overseas, Wild Things strives to keep as many US workers productively employed as possible. We keep jobs and businesses going in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, New Jersey and Rhode Island.
Our heritage comes from two different but aligned sources
- Alpine Climbing, where product quality and performance, ease of movement and rugged durability are essential. Our mantra “Light is Right” has been part of Wild Things since its inception; and
- US Military, who demand quality, functional excellence, rugged durability, light weight and stealth along with Made in USA raw material sourcing and manufacturing
We strive to make extraordinary products
- Functional excellence drives design. We have a New England puritanical approach to design that seeks to streamline a product to only vital features while also acknowledging that current manufacturing techniques allow style to be a nearly equal partner with functionality
- Styling and color is sophisticated, based on enhancing functionality, while acknowledging appropriate
- Fabric selection is based on enhancing performance, durability, stealth and aesthetics. Use of multiple fabrics on a product is a hallmark of our brand as we seek to maximize performance, matching the right fabric to the requirements of each product region
- Quality construction, inside and out, is essential for durability and performance. We adhere to a detailed quality control process as we recognize that any of our products could be used in life threatening situations – on the mountain or in combat
- Limiting environmental impact is a key concern
In use, our products fade into the background to let the user focus on the task at hand. The user shouldn’t notice our clothing across the broader spectrum of conditions. We want our users to focus on the climb, the descent, the hike, or whatever outdoor activity they are doing.
For the warfighter, this characteristic allows him or her to give 100% attention to the mission. This is not a recreational activity, but potentially a matter of life and death for them and national security for us. Our products let them do their jobs, and help get them home safely.
Pro Purchase Program
Wild Things is chosen for the world’s most demanding conditions by the world’s most demanding users. We build our products to exceed the expectations of the elite user. By selecting our brand, you, your staff, or your customers will be receiving the most innovative, reliable, durable, and well-crafted outdoor technical gear available. Wild Things also offers custom embroidery at a modest charge.
Our pro purchase program allows qualified organizations and individuals to purchase Wild Things at a substantial savings. Our criteria for eligibility includes:
- Professional status and certifications
- Exposure to clients or other enthusiasts
- A good reputation for professional conduct and service
For more information or to apply, email Wild Things Pro Purchase Program
The Wild Things ambassador program is designed to build and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with individuals who represent the ideals of Wild Things. Wild Things ambassadors are inspirational figures. They are accomplished athletes and individuals who, by their example and prowess, exert an influence over others and their product
Wild Things ambassadors work closely with our design and production departments to test, refine, and abuse our products in the world’s most demanding conditions. We take every opportunity to highlight our ambassadors, our users, their passions, and their causes on our website.
For details or to apply, email Wild Things Ambassador Program
Wild Things is a US company located in New England. Visit us at either of our two locations. We’ll show you some gear, and maybe have you try on a few pieces.
Design Studio/Prototype Production/Retail Store
Wild Things, LLC
1618 White Mountain Hwy
North Conway, NH 03860 USA
(603) 356-WILD (9453)
Design Studio/Executive Offices
Wild Things, LLC
449 Thames Street, Suite 400
Newport, RI 02840 USA
(401) 848-WILD (9453)